When looking for a drug rehab centre for yourself or a loved one it is difficult to choose the correct one and the task is [...]
Addiction Treatment Sleep Studies
Effective Drug Rehab Requires Better Sleep
Were you aware that individuals who suffer from sleep insufficiency are more likely to suffer from chronic diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, depression, and obesity, as well from cancer, increased mortality, and reduce quality of life and productivity. With this in mind, imaging asking an individual who has sleep insufficiency along with a substance abuse or mental health problem to succeed in their journey to recovery. It is almost impossible for someone to do this and that is why House of Freedom Drug Rehab Center Florida performs sleep studies in house in order to obtain objective sleep information that allows our drug treatment team to ask better questions and get to the root cause of the problem.
This sleep study is unlike traditional sleep studies that require the individual to sleep at a hospital with a load of uncomfortable devices making it even harder for the individual to sleep, thus making the results of the test inaccurate by not placing the individual in their normal environment. House of Freedom’s sleep tests are performed with a small device that easily attaches to the individuals chest and waist. Making it a seamless experience for the individual and allows for accurate data to be captured. Yet, do not think because this is a small device that it does not compare to sleep studies performed at hospitals. This device captures body position, stable and unstable NREM, snore episodes, total sleep time and much more.
Better Sleep = Efficient Drug Treatment
Performing these sleep studies also allow us to benchmark and measure the effectiveness of certain psychotherapies, medications, and other interventions to help the individual get a good nights sleep. In difference to other substance abuse treatments that just give you a sleep medication to make you sleep without looking at what may be the root cause of the sleep difficulty, House of Freedom Drug Rehab Center Florida not only helps our patients to sleep well in the short-term, but aids them in finding out what is causing the sleep disturbance and provides them with natural remedies as alternatives to consider for the long-term if needed.
From our many years of experience we have noticed that sleep disturbance among the substance abuse and mental health population is a common issue and if not treated, could have devastating consequences.
Here are some interesting statistics about sleep disorders:
- About 70 million people in the United States have a sleep problem; 40 million of these are chronic problems. (National Hearth, Lung, and Blood Institute)
- The effects of sleep loss on work performance may cost $18 billion in lost productivity. (NSF 1997 poll on sleeplessness, Pain, and the Workplace)
- Adults in the United States average 6.9 hours of sleep each night, slightly less than the range of 7 to 9 hours recommended by many sleep experts. (NFS 2005 Sleep in America Poll)
- 75% of American adults said they frequently experience at least one symptom of a sleep problem in the past year. (NFS 2005 Sleep in American Poll)
- Sleep consumes about 1/3 of our lives. Yet few people will discuss their sleep problems with their doctor.