When looking for a drug rehab centre for yourself or a loved one it is difficult to choose the correct one and the task is [...]
Drug Rehab Center Florida – Drugs and Treatment👤by Orlando Vargas 0 Comments 📅October 1st, 2013, 07:00
Drug Treatment Center Florida Substance Abuse and Treatment
Our more than 30 year drug rehab center Florida experience demonstrate that substance abuse occurs when drugs are administered in heavy doses over a long period of time. This leads to addiction and dependency; you may need to consult someone before this problem gets worse. Different drugs make you experience different highs which differ from person to person. The long lasting consequences risk your mental, physical and psychological health. Drug rehab center in Florida provides you with inpatient and outpatient treatment programs, counseling, and self-help groups to help you beat your substance addiction. Depending on your level of addiction, you may need steps to help you withdraw from using the drug (detoxification).
- Treatment programs – Generally educate you about your drug of choice, its effects, consequences, and withdrawal symptoms. Drug rehabs in Orlando provide therapy sessions focusing on getting you sober and preventing relapse. These sessions can be individual, group or with family, depending on the severity of your abuse.
- Counseling – Drug rehab centers in Florida house qualified psychiatrists and psychologists. They help you resist the temptation to resume using drugs. Behavioral treatment can help you develop ways to cope with your drug cravings and prevent relapse. Counseling involves talking about your history of drug abuse, social behavior, possible reasons why you started administering drugs, relationships with family and friends, legal issues, job issues and so on. Counseling with family can bring back the lost love and provide you support you need to get back on track.
- Self-help groups – Drug rehabs in Florida encourage self-help groups. These groups hold meetings that educate you on how drug addiction is a chronic disease with a high change of relapse depending of your nature of abuse.
Drug Treatment Center Florida Withdrawal Therapy
Drug rehab centers in Florida provide withdrawal therapy on both outpatient and inpatient basis.
As all drugs produce different side effects, withdrawal requires different approaches for each type;
- Depressants – Minor side effects include restlessness, anxiety, insomnia and sweating. Severe signs include hallucinations, tremors, seizures, high blood pressure and high body temperature. Withdrawal therapy involves gradual reduction in usage, alternating medication to stabilize the nerve cells.
- Stimulants – Side effects include depression, fatigue, anxiety and cravings. Severe effects include suicidal tendencies, paranoia, disassociation and rage. Treatment involves emotional support from family, friends and doctors. Drug rehabs in Orlando recommend medications to treat disassociation or depression.
- Opioids – Side effects include runny nose, sweating, yawning, anxiety and cravings. Severe effects include insomnia, depression, dilated pupils, rapid pulse, rapid breathing, high blood pressure, cramps, tremors, bone and muscle pain, vomiting and diarrhea. Treatment includes substitution with artificial opiate to reduce cravings during recovery from heroin.
Most drug addicts require long-term and repetitive treatments based on their history of substance abuse. Drug rehab centers in Florida thrive at making your recovery as safe as possible with relapse prevention. If you’re determined to make a difference, then you will feel the difference.
How Much Time Do You Need in Drug Rehab Center Florida
People who are about to undergo drug rehabilitation treatments are probably wondering how long will the treatment last. It is obvious that no one wants to spend their life taking medications which is why most people want the treatment to be completed quickly. According to medical experts at drug rehab Orlando drug rehabilitation treatments can last as long as it takes for the patients to fully recover. The time you have to spend in rehab may also vary depending on the type of treatment you are undergoing. Drug rehab center Florida has a lot of different types of programs all of which are used depending on the patient’s needs. Let’s learn more about these programs and the time they take to complete.
Firstly let’s talk about the basic drug rehabilitation program which is detoxification. In this type of treatment doctors’ help reduce the patient’s dependency on drugs. Medication is used to counter the effect of drugs on the mind and body. Generally the detoxification procedure at drug rehab Orlando takes about five to fourteen days. Counseling and medications are both used to help patients overcome the withdrawal symptoms of drugs.
Drug Treatment Center Florida Inpatient Treatment
Inpatient drug rehab programs are probably the most common and the most efficient as well. These programs are specially designed to help patients overcome their emotional and physical issues. In an inpatient program the addict is taken to facility where he is able to relax in a comfortable environment. These programs can last from one month to three months. Inpatient programs help cleanse your mind and body so that you can stay healthy and happy in the long term. The time that you have to spend at drug rehab Orlando in an inpatient program will depend on your addiction and your willingness to change. Patients that have a strong mindset and are motivated are able to recover faster.
In some severe cases of drug addiction the patient maybe hospitalized for a short while. The idea is to have medical staff close by in case of an emergency. These are the patients who are at risk of falling into relapse and need immediate help. The hospital staff helps these patients make better choices and recover as quickly as possible. This rehab treatment also lasts for a period of about three to six months.
Outpatient Drug Treatment Orlando
People who only have a minor problem with drug addiction can overcome their issues through outpatient programs. In this type of treatment you don’t have to stay at a facility instead you are treated at home. You are given medications and have to take counseling sessions once or twice a week. This means that you can proceed with your life and don’t need to take a break from your job. Outpatient programs at drug rehab center Florida are ideal for working professionals. These programs also take about thirty to ninety days to complete.
After Drug Treatment
Some people also need continued therapy after visiting drug rehab Orlando. These after rehab treatment programs are designed to help people stay away from drugs for good. AS part of these programs addicts normally attend group sessions to fight cravings for their problems.
House of Freedom is CARF Accredited, drug rehab center in Orlando Florida, which unlike traditional addiction treatment centers, we deliver substance abuse treatment center services that deal with the physical, mental, social, and spiritual component of drug and alcohol addiction treatment. Our alcohol and drug rehabilitation center has both inpatient drug rehab services and outpatient drug treatment in Orlando Florida.
If you or a loved one are in need of drug or alcohol addiction rehab treatment center in Orlando Florida, GET HELP NOW!! Contact us at 1-888-796-8040.