When looking for a drug rehab centre for yourself or a loved one it is difficult to choose the correct one and the task is [...]
Drug Rehab Center Florida – Treating Alcoholism👤by Orlando Vargas 0 Comments 📅August 30th, 2013, 07:00
In the United States, around 17 million Americans are documented for abusing alcohol, and many of them don’t seek drug rehab center Florida services. The National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related Conditions (NESARC) determined that around 10 percent men and 5 percent women are currently fighting alcoholism. Out of the documented 17 million, 2 million are known to seek help for their addiction.
Alcoholism is known to affect multiple aspects of life, including financial, social and professional aspects. Drug rehab center Florida treatment for alcoholism may include any of the following:
- Detoxification Process: The detoxification process of alcoholism involves removal of alcohol from the body. The process of detoxification is more complicated than just stopping to drink and involves the patient experiencing withdrawal symptoms, such as sweating and delirium tremens.
- Medications: To avoid any relapse and alleviate withdrawal symptoms, medical professionals provide patients with medication such as disulfiram or naltrexone. Naltrexone is known to reduce cravings by creating a block between the centers in the brain that give an ecstatic feeling when under influence. Disulfiram is also known to cause nausea, vomiting and physical reactions when consumed.
- On-Going Counseling: Alcoholics need more moral support and are therefore provided with a support network. Many drug rehab centers in Florida provide the alcoholics with group counseling sessions that support groups that can aid a recovering addict to identify the triggers that led them to use alcohol and to avoid such situations. One of the most popular recovery programs is Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) which is a 12-step program where the alcoholics seek repentance and forgiveness from God, asking Him to give them the required strength to recover from alcoholism.
- Behavioral Therapy: Behavioral therapy is a comparatively modern technique that is being used today in drug rehab center Florida. This technique recognizes alcoholism as a chronic mental disease as compared to the traditional approach towards alcoholism as a lack of will power and character. The Behavioral Technique identifies the struggle that the alcoholic has to face and identifying the triggers that initiate the abusive behavior.
- Treatment and Residential Centers: The detoxification process usually takes anywhere between three days to a week. Since alcohol detoxification can cause withdrawal symptoms that have life-threatening consequences, many drug rehab center Florida residential treatment offer in-house medical support to counter the withdrawal symptoms.
An inpatient program consists of a month long stay in the facilities while continuing the treatment. The treatment for alcoholism includes support therapy, counseling and the necessary medication. Many drug rehab centers in Florida provide these facilities and programs to facilitate a person when they try to regain control over their life.
In an outpatient program, a patient visits a medical facility 3-4 times a week, where their progress is medically monitored. They also undergo individual therapy sessions and their progress at AA meetings is monitored to gain a holistic idea about the patient’s progress.
Alcoholism is the oldest intoxicating substance known to man and has affected millions of people. The person who loses control is not the only person who is affected. The people around them, such as friends and family members are affected too. Prolonged alcohol consumption can lead to severe medical consequences and death.
House of Freedom is CARF Accredited, Christian drug rehab center in Orlando Florida, which unlike traditional addiction treatment centers, we deliver substance abuse treatment center services that deal with the physical, mental, social, and spiritual component of drug and alcohol addiction treatment. Our alcohol and drug rehabilitation center has both inpatient drug rehab services and outpatient drug treatment in Orlando Florida.
If you or a loved one are in need of drug or alcohol addiction rehab treatment center in Orlando Florida, GET HELP NOW!! Contact us at 1-888-796-8040.