When looking for a drug rehab centre for yourself or a loved one it is difficult to choose the correct one and the task is [...]
Drug Rehabilitation Center Florida End Drug Addiction👤by Orlando Vargas 0 Comments 📅July 11th, 2013, 07:37
House of Freedom is a drug rehabilitation center in Florida that has been a leader in addiction treatment services for 30 years. Conquering drug addiction is often believed to be a matter of will power. If an addict truly wants to end the dependency on drugs he can do so easily by turning away from narcotics. However, countering drug addiction is much more complex than simply altering the behavior. To truly help an addict, it is necessary to understand that addiction is a chronic brain disease and conquering it needs more than a strong will power and a drug rehabilitation center Florida.
Drug Rehabilitation Center Florida: Signs and Symptoms
Recognizing drug abuse is often tricky part and might come as a shock when you realize that your loved one is involved in such behavior. However, you must remain focused on countering the addiction and try not to get over-whelmed by the circumstances. Following are some symptoms that indicate a substance dependency behavior.
- Change in personality: An alteration of personality may indicate that an individual is using drugs. Personality changes are a common indicator of drug dependency.
- Needle marks: Needle marks that are evident on arms and wrists might signal drug abuse.
- Physical symptoms: The physical symptoms include unusual thirstiness and perspiration. Also, the pupils of many drug abusers appear to be dilated and droopy. Some other symptoms include clumsiness and slurred speech.
Drug Rehabilitation Center Florida: Stage an Intervention
An intervention includes an addict’s family members, friends, and colleagues. While an intervention could be intense to the addict, the intent is not to put the addict in a defensive mode. Some of the effective ways to plan an intervention are:
- Develop a Treatment Plan: A treatment plan in a drug rehabilitation center Florida includes details of available treatments for the addict. It also include information regarding drug rehabilitation centers and treatment centers that an addict might consider enrolling into.
- Be Specific: While organizing an intervention, members should be specific and provide particular examples of how the addict’s behavior has affected them. Most of the addicts engage in self-destructive behaviors but seeing the pain they have inflicted on others might prove to be a powerful motivator.
- Give Examples: In case the addict is in denial regarding his or her addiction, offer specific consequences. These consequences must not be empty threats therefore an addicts loved ones should consider the consequences that they will have to impose if the addict does not seek drug treatment in a drug rehabilitation center Florida and should be willing to implement them.
Drug Rehabilitation Center Florida: Find a Drug Rehabilitation Program
After intervention, contact various drug rehabilitation centers and ask about their services. Inquire about their treatment methods, their costs, and their procedure to handle relapses. If possible, conduct a tour of their facilities with the addict to engage them in receiving the treatment.
Drug Rehabilitation Center Florida: Expect Relapses
It is quite possible that an addict might relapse after receiving treatment. In such situation do not feel disappointed but seek follow up treatment for the addict and encourage him to stick to the treatment.
Drug Rehabilitation Center Florida: Support Them
Support them by begin there for them. Try to remain positive in your outings with them. They need to know that there will be people to support them on their road to recovery. Encourage them to adopt a new and healthier lifestyle, adopt new hobbies and engage in various activities. If possible, enroll in a family support program and family therapy sessions.
House of Freedom is CARF Accredited, Christian drug rehab center in Orlando Florida, which unlike traditional addiction treatment centers, we deliver substance abuse treatment center services that deal with the physical, mental, social, and spiritual component of drug and alcohol addiction treatment. Our alcohol and drug rehabilitation center has both inpatient drug rehab services and outpatient drug treatment in Orlando Florida.
If you or a loved one are in need of drug or alcohol addiction rehab treatment center in Orlando Florida, GET HELP NOW!! Contact us at 1-888-796-8040.