When looking for a drug rehab centre for yourself or a loved one it is difficult to choose the correct one and the task is [...]
House of Freedom has been a leading drug treatment center Florida for more than 30 years. Our experience and research shows that drug addiction is a chronic disease that causes compulsive drug usage and abuse despite harmful consequences to the drug addict. Drug addiction is a brain disease because the abuse of drugs leads to changes in the structure and function of the brain.
Drug Treatment Center Florida – Reasons for Drug Addiction
There is no single factor that can predict whether or not a person will be addicted to drugs. Risk for potential addiction is influenced by the abusers demographics such as his age, gender, his upbringing and the environment he grew up in.
- Biology. Although unproven it is speculated that certain genes that people are born with account for about half of their potential to addiction. Presence of other factors such as mental disorders and being born in a certain ethnic class also augments the risk for drug abuse and addiction.
- Environment. A person’s surrounding is influenced by many factors including family and friends to socioeconomic status and quality of life. Other factors such as presence of peer pressure, physical abuse, stress and degree of parental involvement also play a vital role in drug addiction.
- Development. Voluntary drug intake has known to progress to drug abuse during adolescent stage. Addiction vulnerability tends to increase among adolescents because their brains are still developing in the areas that govern judgment, decision making, and self-control and are likely prone to risk-taking behaviors which includes drug abuse.
Drug Treatment Center Florida – Countering Drug Addiction
1: Decide to make a change.
The first step to conquering your addiction is to decide. You need to resolve that you need to make a change. Changing and committing to sobriety can leave you conflicted and overwhelmed and you will be forced to deal with various issues like:
- the way you deal with stress
- who you allow in your life
- what you do in your free time
- how you think about yourself
2: Explore your treatment options
Once you have made the decision to challenge your drug addiction, consider various options that are available for your drug treatment center Florida. Some of the things that you need to consider are:
- A customized treatment program. Drug Treatment Center Florida should be customized to suit your unique problems and situation. Many rehab centers are now offering treatment customized in accordance to substance abused.
- Consider treatment for underlying issues. A treatment’s success largely depends on dealing with underlying issues that led to addiction in first place. Eradicating and addressing those issues augments your chances towards recovery and assist you in leading a better life.
- Follow-up. Drug treatment center Florida is not a quick and easy process. In general a prolonged an intense abuse of drug needs a more intensive treatment. And the treatment does not end once you have completed the required duration. Continue to practice your rehabilitation skill even when you are out of recovery.
- Explore other Options. Different abusive behaviors require different treatments. It is not necessary that you have to need a prolonged stay at a drug rehab center or an over-priced detox treatment. Feel free to consult with doctors and psychologists, clergy members, social workers and counselors that offer contemporary addiction treatment services.
House of Freedom is CARF Accredited, Christian drug rehab center in Orlando Florida, which unlike traditional addiction treatment centers, we deliver substance abuse treatment center services that deal with the physical, mental, social, and spiritual component of drug and alcohol addiction treatment. Our alcohol and drug rehabilitation center has both inpatient drug rehab services and outpatient drug treatment in Orlando Florida.
If you or a loved one are in need of drug or alcohol addiction rehab treatment center in Orlando Florida, GET HELP NOW!! Contact us at 1-888-796-8040.