When looking for a drug rehab centre for yourself or a loved one it is difficult to choose the correct one and the task is [...]
Alcohol dependence is a substance related disorder in which an individual is addicted to alcohol either physically or mentally, and continues to use alcohol despite significant areas of dysfunction, evidence of physical dependence, and/or related hardship. Many people that suffer from alcohol addiction need alcoholism treatment services.
Alcohol Rehab Florida – Alcohol Addiction: The Facts
- According to the World Health Organization’s (WHO) 2011 report on alcohol consumption around the world, alcohol abuse causes 2.5 million deaths each year.
- Approximately 320,000 young people between the ages of 15 and 29 die from alcohol-related causes each year, according to the WHO.
- Alcohol is now the third leading cause of the global burden of diseases and injuries, and in 2010, drinking booze had been linked to 200 different diseases and injuries, according to CAMH.
- About 12% of adults have had an alcohol dependence problem at some time in their life.
It is evident from the above facts that alcohol addiction is a serious problem. There are various causes that elicit addiction like:
- Emotional /Mental Issues
- Social/Peer pressure
Aside from these factors, there are several other factors that lead to development of addiction. Whatever the factor that leads to addiction, the consequences of addiction are the same. Awareness of the problem and recognizing the addiction is the first step to recovery. Some of the symptoms of alcohol addiction are:
- “Black out” or forgetting what you did while you were drinking.
- Drinking even when you know it could have bad consequences (e.g., at work)
- Having a drink in the morning to prepare you for your day.
- Regularly drinking more than you planned at social occasions.
- Hiding alcohol at home or at work.
- Drinking alone or in secret.
- Losing interest in activities and hobbies you used to enjoy.
Alcohol Rehab Florida – Treatment
If you have admitted that you have a drinking problem then you have taken your first step towards the road to recovery. It takes tremendous strength and courage to face alcohol abuse and alcoholism head on. Often, denial is one of the biggest obstacles that prevent recovery. Sometimes, the desire to drink is so strong that the mind finds numerous ways to rationalize drinking, even when the consequences are apparent. Some of these include:
- Drastically underestimating how much you drink
- Downplaying the negative consequences of your drinking
- Complaining that family and friends are exaggerating the problem
- Blaming your drinking or drinking-related problems on others
Alcohol addiction damages cellular functions of the body, and long-term alcohol abuse can have devastating effects on your health, your career, and your relationships.
The Second step includes seeking support and adopting measures to counter the addiction. There are various approaches available that one can seek while combating the disease.
- Getting into Alcohol Rehabilitation Center Florida
- Relying on self-help programs
- Getting therapy
- Taking a self-directed treatment approach, are some of them.
In a study conducted by US department of Health and Human Services, the success rate of Alcohol rehab Florida is about 45% than any other programs. These Alcohol Rehab Florida provide the required support from close family members and friends. Enrolling in a alcohol treatment center Florida not only provides you with guidance, but also keeps you motivated, in case you fall off the wagon.
House of Freedom is CARF Accredited, Christian drug rehab center in Orlando Florida, which unlike traditional addiction treatment centers, we deliver substance abuse treatment center services that deal with the physical, mental, social, and spiritual component of drug and alcohol addiction treatment. Our alcohol and drug rehabilitation center has both inpatient drug rehab services and outpatient drug treatment in Orlando Florida.
If you or a loved one are in need of drug or alcohol addiction rehab treatment center in Orlando Florida, GET HELP NOW!! Contact us at 1-888-796-8040.