When looking for a drug rehab centre for yourself or a loved one it is difficult to choose the correct one and the task is [...]
Drug Rehab Center Orlando Florida – Drug Addiction Facts👤by Orlando Vargas 0 Comments 📅June 16th, 2013, 07:36
Drug Addiction Facts
In the United States, drug use is becoming more common with time, and the use of drug rehabilitation services is also common. It can start as an experiment or an adventure, but gradually the person starts to lose their tolerance, and it turns into addiction. Drug addicts often fail to acknowledge that they have a problem. This is when addiction turns into a disease and affects rational thinking.
Drug addiction changes the structure and functionality of the brain. It destroys the communication system by damaging the nerve cells and disturbing the sending and receiving process. The ability of drugs to replicate the brain’s communication process or neurotransmitters simulates nerve cells that send abnormal messages. This is common with the use of marijuana and heroin.
Orlando Drug Rehab – Facts about Drug Addiction
Here are some common facts about drug addiction that addicts choose to ignore.
- More than 80 percent cases of domestic violence are a result of drug or substance abuse.
- More than 50 percent of traffic accidents are either caused by drug addiction or alcohol addiction, a majority of which result in death.
- Over 60 percent of patients admitted to emergency rooms are involved in accidents or trauma due to drug abuse.
- Most kids and teenagers are addicted to prescription drugs rather than marijuana or heroin.
- Majority of the American teenagers experiment with drugs at the age of 13.
- In teens, a majority of deaths occur due to excessive use of prescription drugs.
- According to 60 percent of American teenagers, they purchased drugs from school.
- 50 percent of teenagers who are addicted to drugs are most likely addicted to alcohol as well.
- According to a survey conducted in 2012, 15 percent of high school seniors used prescription medication to fulfill addiction needs.
- Parents who prefer to have open conversation about drugs with their children have less chances of worrying about this problem.
- Over 60 percent of college women who have sexually transmitted diseases like herpes or AIDS were under the influence of drugs when they got them.
- 28 percent of students drop out of college due to drug addiction problems.
- The US Department of Justice claims that every year, a majority of crimes are committed by drug addicts, out of which 40 percent are violent crimes.
- Due to lack of drug rehab centers Orlando Florida, less than 15 percent of the patients receive inpatient drug treatment Orlando Florida and the rest have to rely upon outpatient treatment.
- Addicts undergoing withdrawal at drug rehabilitation centers Orlando Florida suffer from various psychological disorders.
- 40 percent of addicts who go through the rehab process go back to drugs after a few years.
Drug and substance addiction is a fatal disease that acts as slow poisoning. It leads to organ failure and various other physical diseases which will result in a slow painful death. So, if you think you have an addiction problem, contact a therapist or a doctor at the earliest. Talk to your family about your problem and ask for their help. Otherwise, your constant drug abuse will destroy your will power and you won’t be able to recover.
House of Freedom is CARF Accredited, Christian drug rehab center in Orlando Florida, which unlike traditional addiction treatment centers, we deliver substance abuse treatment center services that deal with the physical, mental, social, and spiritual component of drug and alcohol addiction treatment. Our alcohol and drug rehabilitation center has both inpatient drug rehab services and outpatient drug treatment in Orlando Florida.
If you or a loved one are in need of drug or alcohol addiction rehab treatment center in Orlando Florida, GET HELP NOW!! Contact us at 1-888-796-8040.