When looking for a drug rehab centre for yourself or a loved one it is difficult to choose the correct one and the task is [...]
Drug Rehab Orlando Florida End to Cocaine Dependency👤by Orlando Vargas 0 Comments 📅July 14th, 2013, 07:22
House of Freedom is a drug rehab in Orlando Florida that has been providing substance abuse treatment services for more than 30 years. Many of our patients suffer from cocaine addiction. Known as “the caviar of street drugs,” Cocaine is the status-heavy drug used by celebrities, fashion models, and Wall Street traders. Movies like “Blow” and books like Killing Pablo sensationalize the use of cocaine and give vivid accounts of the world of cocaine addiction and its perils.
Extracted from the leaves of the Erythroxylum coca bush, cocaine is a stimulant that increases alertness, euphoria and increased athletic performance. The drug is available in two main forms for recreational purposes:
- Powdered cocaine – known as “coke” or “blow” — dissolves in water. Users can consume it by snorting or injecting powdered cocaine.
- Crack cocaine – also known as “rock” — is made by a chemical process that leaves it in its “freebase” form, which can be smoked.
It is estimated that about 14% of U.S. adults have tried cocaine. 15,000 Americans die every year due to cocaine use and complications that result.
Drug Rehab Orlando – The High
Smoking or injecting cocaine gives you an instantaneous effect. Cocaine quickly enters the bloodstream and travels to the brain which makes it such a popular drug.
Once injected, cocaine interferes with the chemical messengers known as neurotransmitters that nerves use to communicate with each other. Cocaine blocks hormones such as norepinephrine, serotonin, dopamine and other neurotransmitters from being reabsorbed. The resulting chemical buildup between nerves causes euphoria or feeling “high.”
The resulting “high” will give you:
- an increased sense of energy and alertness
- an extremely elevated mood
- a feeling of supremacy
Drug Rehab Orlando – How Cocaine Affects You
Cocaine produces its powerful high by acting on the brain. But as cocaine travels through the blood, it affects the whole body.
Cocaine alone is responsible for more U.S. emergency room visits than any other illegal drug. It harms the brain, heart, blood vessels, and lungs and is also responsible for sudden death. Cocaine adversely effects body function and metabolism in the following way:
- Cocaine can cause an increase in heart rate and blood pressure while constricting the arteries supplying blood to the heart. The result can trigger a heart attack. Cocaine also leads to a deadly abnormal heart rhythm called arrhythmia.
- Cocaine constricts blood vessels in the brain that causes strokes. It can also cause seizures and can lead to bizarre neurotic behavior.
- Snorting can lead to damaging effects to the nose and sinuses. Regular use can cause nasal perforation that can lead to permanent lung damage.
Regular usage of cocaine for an extended period can lead to addictive behavior. An immediate withdrawal can lead to the development of withdrawal symptoms such as depression and anxiety and increased craving for cocaine. Therefore to end cocaine addiction, one should seek proper medical treatment from recognized substance abuse treatment centers.
Drug rehab Orlando Florida employ various treatment methods such as cognitive behavior therapy and family therapy that helps an abuser regain control of his life and conquer his dependency. Also, these drug rehab Orlando Florida acts as protective environment that helps recovering addicts curb their cravings and overcome the effects of cocaine.
House of Freedom is CARF Accredited, Christian drug rehab center in Orlando Florida, which unlike traditional addiction treatment centers, we deliver substance abuse treatment center services that deal with the physical, mental, social, and spiritual component of drug and alcohol addiction treatment. Our alcohol and drug rehabilitation center has both inpatient drug rehab services and outpatient drug treatment in Orlando Florida.
If you or a loved one are in need of drug or alcohol addiction rehab treatment center in Orlando Florida, GET HELP NOW!! Contact us at 1-888-796-8040.