Addiction Treatment Center Orlando Florida – Risk Factors
House of Freedom is a CARF accredited addiction treatment center in Orlando Florida that has been providing substance abuse treatment center services in Orlando Florida for more than 20 years. We have seen that addiction to drugs can occur at any stage of life, and there can be a variety of reasons for the growing need of drugs and substance use in both males and females. However, there are certain factors that increase the risks of drug abuse in individuals, and the complications posed by their recurring use also vary from person to person.
Go through the following guide to learn about the main factors that increase the risk of drug addiction and alcoholism, and the major complications that are a direct result of the condition.
4 Drug Addiction Risk Factors that Increase the Chances of Drug Abuse
- Drug Addiction Risk Factor 1 – The Company you Keep – Peer pressure and social obligations are considered to be one of the main triggers for binge drinking, excessive alcoholism and use of drugs. The problem is most common in teenagers and young adolescents, where social pressures and emotional changes often lead to the abuse of drugs.
- Drug Addiction Risk Factor 2 – Psychological Issues – Depression, emotional trauma in personal life or excessive stress can also result in substance abuse and alcoholism. Emotional instability leads to increased dependency on drugs and alcohol, which turns into addiction if the problem is ignored.
- Drug Addiction Risk Factor 3 – Ignorance from Family or Loved Ones – Lack of attention from parents, loved ones or close family also creates a sense of loneliness and depression in an individual, which can lure an individual towards drug addiction to seek comfort.
- Drug Addiction Risk Factor 4 – Gender – Though women too are equally susceptible to substance abuse and addiction, it is normally the males who are most likely to develop alcoholism or drug use at some point of life.
Complications from Repeated Drug Use and Excessive Alcoholism
Aside from the obvious social problems and behavioral changes, there are a large number of complications that arise from substance use and drug abuse, some of which are life threatening as well. Take a look:
- Excessive use of drugs and alcohol can be costly, which can jeopardize your essential financial needs and result in problems for you and your family.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol can cause you legal problems, aside from increasing the risk of accidents and injuries etc.
- Work absenteeism or lack of attention due to the effect of drugs can result in loss of employment.
- Continued use of drugs and alcohol can give rise to severe health issues and medical problems in the long run, including liver diseases and cardiac issues. The risk of suicide is also increased.
- Behavioral changes and lack of attention can move you away from your family, kids and loved ones.
Alcoholism and substance addiction is a disease that requires proper attention and medical treatment in and addiction treatment center in Orlando Florida to get back towards a normal and healthy lifestyle.
There are several ways to get your life back on track, and you can always opt for outpatient drug treatment center in Orlando and counseling as a reliable way to put an end to addiction and alcoholism.
Drug addiction treatment centers in Orlando Florida offer you a chance to embrace a normal life again, letting you leave the traces of risks and complications posed by drug addiction far behind you!
House of Freedom is CARF Certified, Christian drug rehab center in Orlando Florida, which unlike traditional addiction treatment centers, we deliver substance abuse treatment center services that deal with the physical, mental, social, and spiritual component of drug and alcohol addiction treatment. Our alcohol and drug rehabilitation center has both inpatient drug rehab services and outpatient drug treatment in Orlando Florida.
If you or a loved one are in need of drug or alcohol addiction rehab treatment center in Orlando Florida, GET HELP NOW!! Contact us at 1-888-796-8040.