Alcohol Abuse While Drinking Socially? Rehab Orlando Florida
Because House of Freedom has been a leader in drug and alcohol treatment in Orlando Florida for over 20 years, and has helped many individuals with their drug and alcohol problems by providing cutting edge substance abuse treatment services in Orlando Florida, we know that social drinking is a cultural norm, from which the majority of the population derives pleasure. One in five men and one in seven women regularly drink more than the acceptable trend. This is why abuse of alcohol is a common trait which leads to alcoholism. Alcoholics tend to experience uncontrollable drinking, craving, physical dependence and tolerance and end up with severe physical and psychological consequences.
Alcohol might sedate you and serve as a relaxant but serious drinking does more than soothe you and block your emotions.
Table of Contents
Short Term Effects Of Alcohol
- Weight loss due to malnutrition
- Loss of coordination
- Insomnia or oversleeping
- Distorted speech
- Inability to walk or stand up straight
- Unexplained nausea or sore stomach
- Impaired attention and judgment
- Excessive displays of emotion, such as uncontrolled crying, anger and violence, irritability
Low doses of alcohol may seem to relax you but large doses are capable of severely affecting your mental health.
Long Term Affects Of Alcohol
Health problems caused by excessive drinking can include:
- Cirrhosis leading to liver disease and death
- Erectile dysfunction
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Harm to unborn fetus during pregnancy
- Increased risks of cancer
- Short-term memory loss
How Do You Know If You Are Addicted To Alcohol?
- Did you ever feel that you need to cut down on drinking?
- Do you get upset or annoyed when people ask you about your drinking?
- Do you drink heavily when you are disappointed, under pressure or were involved in an argument with someone?
- Do you find it hard to stop drinking after one or two drinks?
- Do you hide your drinks so that your close ones may not find them?
- Have you been facing memory blackouts recently?
- Has your drinking caused problems meeting responsibilities at home, work or school?
- Have you got into any trouble because of your drinking habits?
- Do you take a drink as the first thing you do while you wake up to ‘refresh’ yourself?
- Have you tried to cut down but have failed?
If you have said a YES to more than four of the above questions, it is highly likely that you are addicted to alcohol. You need to start realizing that alcohol can not only damage your health but also put a strain on your relationships.
Seek Treatment Today At An Alcohol Rehab Treatment Center in Orlando Florida
Denial is common when a person is facing addiction which is why they won’t go for treatment themselves. If your loved one shows signs of being seriously dependent on alcohol, then persuade him/her to seek treatment at an inpatient alcohol treatment center in Orlando Florida soon. With a combination of treatment options such as detox, education, counseling, residential treatment programs, group and individual therapy and family involvement at the alcohol rehab treatment center in Orlando Florida, quick recovery is possible from this deadly disease.
If you or a loved one is suffering from drug or alcohol addiction. GET HELP NOW!! Contact us at 1-888-796-8040. God bless.