Drug Rehab Center Florida – The Science of Addiction
Addiction is defined as a chronic brain disease that leads to compulsive drug hunt and usage despite harmful consequences that lead to drug rehab center Florida. It is considered as a brain disease because drugs can cause the brain, its structure, and its functioning. These brain changes can be long term and lead to the harmful behaviors that are evident in people who abuse drugs.
Table of Contents
Drug Rehab Center Florida – Reasons for Drug Usage
- To feel good. Most of the abused drugs can cause intense pleasure and delight. This sensation of euphoria leads to other effects. For example, with stimulants such as cocaine, the “high” is followed by feelings of power, self-confidence, and increased energy. While the euphoria caused by opiates such as heroin is followed by feelings of relaxation and satisfaction.
- To feel better. People suffering from mental conditions such as depression, stress-induced disorders and social anxiety can start abusing drugs in an attempt to diminish feelings of distress. Stress can play a major role in initiating the drug use, continuing drug abuse or cause relapse in patients recovering from addiction in drug rehab center Florida.
- To do better. The increasing pressure that some individuals feel to chemically enhance or improve their athletic or cognitive performance can similarly play a role in initial experimentation and continued drug abuse.
- Curiosity and Peer Pressure. Many of adolescents are particularly vulnerable because of the strong influence of peer pressure; they are more likely to engage in “thrilling” and “daring” behaviors.
Drug Rehab Center Florida – What Are The Factors That Determine Drug Addiction?
A single factor cannot be used to determine a person’s potential to drug addiction. The overall risk for addiction is impacted by the genetic setup of the individual which can be further influenced by gender or ethnicity, developmental stage, and the surrounding social environment.
Drug Rehab Center Florida – Biological Factor
An estimate of about 40-60% genetic factor accounts for a person’s vulnerability to addiction. Other biological factors include gene expression and function. People suffering from mental disorders are at greater risk of drug abuse and addiction than the general population.
Drug Rehab Center Florida – Environmental Factor
- Home and Family. Influence of home environment is the most crucial factor in child development. Parents or other figure heads who abuse alcohol or drugs or who engage in criminal behavior,are likely to increase a child’s risks of developing their own drug addiction.
- Peer and School. Friends and acquaintances have the greatest influence during youth. Drug-abusing friends can pursue even those without risk factors to try drugs for the first time. Failure to attain good grades or poor social etiquettes can put a child further at risk for drug abuse.
Drug Rehab Center Florida – Science Validated Treatment Programs
Scientists have developed a broad range of programs that are successful in altering the balance between risk and protective factors for drug abuse in families, schools, and communities. Most of these programs have been incorporated by various drug rehab centers Florida.
These prevention programs work to boost protective factors while eliminating risk factors associated with drug usage. There are three types of programs –
- Universal programs address the risk and protective factors common to all children in a pre-determined environment such as a school or community.
- Selective programs target groups of children and teens who have factors that further increase their risk of drug abuse.
- Indicated programs are designed for youth who have already begun abusing drugs.
Research shows that combining treatment medications with behavioral therapy is the best way to ensure success for most patients. Many drug rehab centers Florida use a combination of these approaches to address each patient’s drug abuse patterns and medical, psychological and social problems.
House of Freedom is CARF Accredited, Christian drug rehab center in Orlando Florida, which unlike traditional addiction treatment centers, we deliver substance abuse treatment center services that deal with the physical, mental, social, and spiritual component of drug and alcohol addiction treatment. Our alcohol and drug rehabilitation center has both inpatient drug rehab services and outpatient drug treatment in Orlando Florida.
If you or a loved one are in need of drug or alcohol addiction rehab treatment center in Orlando Florida, GET HELP NOW!! Contact us at 1-888-796-8040.