Drug Rehab Center Florida: Treatment for Cocaine Addiction
Addiction counselors at drug rehab center Florida report that cocaine usually tops the list when it comes to most commonly used illegal drugs. Contrary to popular belief, cocaine is a highly addictive and powerful stimulant. It is typically snorted in powder form, but can be injected or smoked as well. Cocaine users may feel energetic, euphoric and alert with heightened sense of sight, sound and touch. However, it poses serious health threats which you may not know of. You can find many drug rehabs in Orlando that can help you deal with cocaine addiction.
Side effects of Cocaine
Taking cocaine causes different reactions that can be physical, mental and psychological at the same time. Typical adverse effects include;
- Increased heart rate
- High body temperatures
- High blood pressure
- Constriction of blood vessels
- Dilated pupils
- Erratic behavior
In some situations, extreme side effects can be;
- Heart attacks
- Sudden death
Withdrawal symptoms may include;
- Agitation and restlessness
- Panic attacks
- Severe headaches
These health issues may arise from the first time you administer cocaine, or after years of abuse.
Treatment for Cocaine Abuse
Cocaine addiction affects you more psychologically and mentally than it does physically. Therefore, treatment of cocaine essentially focuses on changing the mind of an addict. Drug rehab center in Florida has both inpatient and outpatient treatment programs to cover many aspect of your addiction. These programs include:
- Detoxification – Your body is cleaned over the course of 2 to 4 weeks. Cocaine is substituted with medication to rid you blood of toxins.
- Counseling – It may seem irrelevant to an addict first, but it is very vital in the recovery process. Counseling helps you realize the reasons for your addiction and situations where you are prone to use cocaine.
- Family therapy – Your family members and friends are called in to help you go through the program. These therapies allow you to reconnect with your loved ones, makes you realize what you are leaving behind; their support can be helpful in your speedy recovery.
- 12-step program – Drug rehab center in Florida customizes this program to your needs. These meetings help you admit your addictions, examine your past errors, make amends for these errors and start a new life by changing your schedule and social circle.
- Relapse prevention – Don’t take relapse as a failure! It happens to the best of us on our journeys to recovery. Drug rehabs in Orlando help you avoid situations where you are mostly likely to use cocaine.
- Aftercare program – These are designed to help you stay on your new found drug free life. Aftercare programs may require attending meetings and taking medications, so don’t get lazy on your follow ups otherwise a relapse may be possible.
It’s not easy giving up something you get used to. Drug rehab center in Florida can help you start your journey to a healthy, drug-free life. The path to recovery begins here, if you are ready to walk on it.
Treatment for Cocaine Addiction at Drug Rehab Centers in Florida
Cocaine is one of the most addictive and dangerous illegal drug known to mankind. It can be administered through snorting, injecting or smoking. As pleasing as the desired effects are, cocaine poses several health threats upon addiction. Drug rehab centers in Florida provide treatment and aftercare programs to help you beat the addiction and live a drug-free life.
Acceptance: Moving on From Denial
The first stage to curing your addiction is admitting you have an addiction. Most people live in denial, especially on abusing cocaine as they feel they’re not addicted to the drug. Contrary to that popular belief, cocaine is extremely addictive.
Seek Support for Friends and Family
Your friends and family members are the best people to rely on to help you in starting a drug-free life. Share your problems and causes of abuse with them. If you are in the center of an intervention, speak out your nature of addiction so they can find a suitable solution for you.
Detoxification is a process of cleansing the body from various drugs and the toxins they leave behind. Drug rehabs in Orlando follow a 2 to 4 week course for cocaine addiction, with medication provided as a substitute to cocaine use to clean the blood from toxins.
Counseling and Therapy
These are the two most important factors to mentally and psychologically beat the addiction. Counseling sessions help you realize the causes of your abuse and the various situations where you are most likely to use cocaine. Therapy sessions involve group meetings where other patients suffering from addiction talk about their problems and their journey to drug addiction. These group sessions help in making a social circle where you can discuss your problems without judgment and seek support to staying drug-free.
Family members and friends are the best support you can have. These sessions help you connect with them and retain the love lost. Family members can also aid in making you realize the nature of your cocaine abuse.
Drug rehab center in Florida customizes this program depending on the nature and treatment of your addiction. This program involves meetings where you evaluate situations when you can administer drugs, how to counter those situations and creating schedules and social circle to help you get started with a drug-free life.
Aftercare programs as post-treatment procedures to help you stick to your new found healthier lifestyle. Drug rehabs in Orlando require out-patients to take weekly meetings and medications to prevent relapse. Relapse should not be deemed as a failure since everyone going through rehab experiences it.
Why Should I Go To a Drug Rehab?
Beating a drug addiction is never easy. Cocaine addiction not only puts your health at risk, it also affects your work, your social circle, your friends and family, and your life. Drug rehab center in Florida can help you get started with a program made for you to help you live a sober life that can be an example to follow.
House of Freedom is CARF Accredited, drug rehab center in Orlando Florida, which unlike traditional addiction treatment centers, we deliver substance abuse treatment center services that deal with the physical, mental, social, and spiritual component of drug and alcohol addiction treatment. Our alcohol and drug rehabilitation center has both inpatient drug rehab services and outpatient drug treatment in Orlando Florida.
If you or a loved one are in need of drug or alcohol addiction rehab treatment center in Orlando Florida, GET HELP NOW!! Contact us at 1-888-796-8040.