Drug Rehab Center in Florida: Various Drugs and Their Abuse
There are many drugs used widely these days. Some of the most common addictive substances in America are tobacco, alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, and heroin. Drug rehab centers in Florida get a million cases yearly due to abuse of these drugs. These drugs mostly cause direct health dangers to its addicts.
- People consume tobacco for many reasons including satisfaction, relief from depression, higher vigilance and performance, weight control and curbing hunger.
- Nicotine is the main addictive substance in cigarettes. But cigarettes also hold many other chemicals which harm health.
- Hazards of smoking are strokes, lung cancer, heart diseases, and ulcer diseases. Withdrawal symptoms are hunger, anxiety, depression, and sleep disturbances.
- Tobacco and smoking causes half a million deaths every year in USA and it causes nearly $100 bn yearly due to costs of healthcare.
- Although people consume alcohol for fun and enjoyment, it in reality depresses your brain. Alcohol decreases your speech, inhibitions, and muscle coordination and control, and mostly leads to alcohol addiction.
- Withdrawal symptoms of alcohol are irregular heartbeat, anxiety, tremor, hallucinations, and seizures. If you are suffering from a severe form of alcoholism, withdrawal along with malnutrition can cause a condition delirium tremens (DTs) which is life-threatening.
- Alcohol causes liver failure. It can also lead to heart enlargement and various cancers such as cancer of the pancreas, esophagus, and stomach.
- Apart from the health effects of alcoholism, its abuse is the main reason of fatal vehicle accidents. Alcohol abuse causes more than %150bn a year.
- Marijuana is the most common illegal drug consumed in United States. It is also famously known as pot, grass, herb and weed.
- Marijuana is made from the Cannabis sativa plant which generates delta-9-trahydrocannabinol (THC), which is the primary ingredient which causes intoxication. Hashish, which is marijuana resin, holds a considerably higher quantity if THC, making it more dangerous.
- Marijuana is generally smoked, however, some people eat it with food.
- Marijuana chafes lungs more than tobacco and contains more cancerous chemicals. It has risks of advancing addicts to usage or cocaine and heroin. It provides the addict relaxation and pleasure along with impaired memory and coordination.
- Cocaine is famously called as coke, rock, snow or crack by its addicts.
- Cocaine is made from the South American coca plant. It is consumed through smoking, injecting, swallowing, or snorting.
- Its symptom intensity depends upon how it is consumed. Desired symptoms are pleasure and high alertness.
- Cocaine produces short-term effects such as paranoia, irregular heartbeats and problems in blood vessels which can lead to stroke or heart attack. It has withdrawal symptom of severe depression.
- Long term usage of cocaine leads to damage to brain, heart, kidneys, and the lungs.
- Heroin is also known as horse or smack. Its use is continuously increasing in America, especially among women and younger generation less than 26 years of age.
- Heroin intoxication causes pleasure, drowsiness, and lowered breathing.
- Withdrawal symptoms of heroin are vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, aches, confusion, and sweating.
- Overdose of heroin mostly result in death due to lowered breathing.
- Since heroin is generally injected, usually with unsterilized needles, usage of this drug often leads to other health problems such as HIV aids, tetanus, infections, and botulism.
Prolonged and continuous substance abuse of these drugs causes psychological and physical dependence along with tolerance difficulty. Tolerance is one of the hardest challenges faced by addicts, but thanks to drug rehab centers in Florida, they offer treatments of dependence and tolerance issues with their wide range of treatments programs.
House of Freedom is CARF Accredited, drug rehab center in Orlando Florida, which unlike traditional addiction treatment centers, we deliver substance abuse treatment center services that deal with the physical, mental, social, and spiritual component of drug and alcohol addiction treatment. Our alcohol and drug rehabilitation center has both inpatient drug rehab services and outpatient drug treatment in Orlando Florida.
If you or a loved one are in need of drug or alcohol addiction rehab treatment center in Orlando Florida, GET HELP NOW!! Contact us at 1-888-796-8040.