Drug Rehabilitation Center Florida – Marijuana
House of Freedom is a drug rehabilitation center In Florida. Our addiction treatment center Florida is CARF accredited and has been offering substance abuse treatment services for more than 30 years. Our addiction research has proved that marijuana is one of the most dangerous drugs available. Known by names such as weed, dope, and pot, marijuana is used to describe dried flowers, seeds and leaves of the Indian hemp plant which are used as recreational drugs.
Marijuana is usually taken by smoking a joint which gives an immediate sensation of increased heart rate, lessened coordination and balance, and a “dreamy,” unreal state of mind-a peak that last for first 30 minutes. These effects usually wear off in two to three hours.
Marijuana: Facts and Figures
- According to the United Nations, 158.8 million people around the world use marijuana that is more than 3.8% of the planet’s population.
- Over 94 million people in the US have admitted to using it at least once.
- Among 12- to 17-year-olds, 6.7% were current marijuana users in 2007.
- US government estimates that domestic marijuana production has increased tenfold over the last twenty-five years.
- 58% of those aged 12 to 17 state that pot is easy to obtain.
- US marijuana users spent approximately $10.5 billion on the drug in the year 2000.
- In 2005, 242,200 emergency room visits in the United States involved marijuana.
- According to the US Drug Enforcement Administration, a large percentage of those arrested for crimes test positive for marijuana.
- Marijuana is the second most frequently found substance in the bodies of drivers involved in fatal automobile accidents.
- The immediate effects of marijuana include rapid heart beat, disorientation, lack of physical coordination that often leads to depression or sleepiness.
- The active ingredient in cannabis, Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), remains in the body for weeks or longer.
- Marijuana smoke contains 50% to 70% more cancer-causing substances than tobacco smoke. That can lead to inflammatory conditions such as bronchitis.
- Marijuana is also known to alter brain structure and cause brain abnormalities. Studies indicate that long term usage of marijuana is closely related to psychosis.
- Cannabis, one of the main ingredients in marijuana, is known to cause abnormal cell division that can lead to severe hereditary defects. Studies conducted over the last few years show that, many children of marijuana users have been born with reduced initiative and lessened abilities to concentrate and pursue life goals.
What Are The Effects Of Marijuana?
How To End Marijuana Addiction?
Marijuana addiction is a progressive illness that often leads to addiction to other drugs including alcohol. It is a gateway drug and its users don’t believe that they are addicted. Marijuana addicts tend to believe that are “OK” since there are much worse drugs and other people much worse off as a result of substance abuse.
Recovering from marijuana addiction is relatively easy since there is no physical dependency associated to it. Many recovering marijuana addicts claim that their will power and determination is the key to successful recovery.
Many drug rehabilitation center Florida are especially designed for marijuana abusers. Many of these drug rehabilitation center Florida include therapeutic techniques like using strategic expression of empathy, reflecting, summarizing, affirming, reinforcing self-efficacy, exploring pros and cons of drug use, rolling with resistance, and forging goals and plans to achieve them.
Marijuana is a potentially life-altering drug that is not harmful to the abuser but those who are related to him. Increased recognition about marijuana’s negative consequences in a subset of users has prompted the development of marijuana-specific interventions and treatment that can help you make a healthy recovery.
House of Freedom is CARF Accredited, Christian drug rehab center in Orlando Florida, which unlike traditional addiction treatment centers, we deliver substance abuse treatment center services that deal with the physical, mental, social, and spiritual component of drug and alcohol addiction treatment. Our alcohol and drug rehabilitation center has both inpatient drug rehab services and outpatient drug treatment in Orlando Florida.
If you or a loved one are in need of drug or alcohol addiction rehab treatment center in Orlando Florida, GET HELP NOW!! Contact us at 1-888-796-8040.