Orlando Drug Rehab: Commonly Abused Drugs
Addiction professionals at Drug Rehab Orlando have seen that people administer drugs for a variety of reasons. You’re the only one who knows the reason why. Your drug abuse does not only affect you, but also people around you and in your life. There are many cases of addicts in drug rehabs in Orlando everyday suffering from mental, physical and emotional breakdowns. Drug rehab center in Florida aims at educating its patient on various drugs and their effects. Having knowledge of what you abuse and their withdrawal symptoms can aid you in a healthy recovery. Here are three of the most commonly abused drugs today.
Table of Contents
Cocaine (also known as crack, snow, rock)
- Derived from the coca plant of South America, cocaine can be smoked, injected, snorted or gummed.
- The intensity and duration of the high depends on how much you take it.
- Desired effects include pleasure and increased alertness.
- Adverse effects include paranoia, constriction of blood vessels leading to heart damage or stroke, irregular heartbeat, and death. Cocaine has been associated with damage to hearth, brain, lungs, and kidney functions.
- Withdrawal symptoms include severe depression and reduced energy.
Drug rehab Orlando provide custom made treatments for helping you recover your life from cocaine addiction.
Heroin (also known as horse, smack)
- Heroine is severely addictive. Usage continues to increase over time
- Desired effects include drowsiness, pleasure and slowed breathing.
- Withdrawal symptoms tend to be intense and include vomiting, abdominal cramps, diarrhea, confusion, aches and sweating.
- Overdose results in death due to decreased breathing.
- As heroine is administered using needles, often dirty ones, adverse effects include destruction of heart valves, AIDS, infections, tetanus and botulism.
Drug rehab center in Florida helps treating your addiction by substituting heroin with prescribed medications and treatments.
Methamphetamines (also known as meth, crank, ice, speed, crystal)
- Meth can be injected, snorted, smoked or swallowed.
- Severely addictive like cocaine. Its usage continues to increase over time.
- Desired effects include increase in alertness, loss of appetite, and a sensation of intense pleasure.
- Adverse effects include heart attacks, extremely high blood pressure, and strokes.
- Withdrawal symptoms include paranoia, hallucinations, weight loss, decaying of teeth and intense heart damage.
Drug rehabs in Orlando provide inpatient and outpatient programs like detoxification, group therapies, counseling and making support groups to help you get rid of meth addiction.
There is Always Hope
Once you have identified yourself with the different types and effects of drug abuse, don’t just stop there. The next step to take is admitting you have a drug addiction problem. No one can help you until you realize that you’re suffering from this chronic disease. Seek support from friends and family members who are clean and were once close to you. Talking your problems through will help you reconnect with yourself and your loved ones. If you require treatment, Drug rehab center in Orlando have tailored treatment programs that can help you to enjoy a drug-free life and ensure you don’t relapse. It’s never too late to make a difference.
House of Freedom is CARF Accredited, drug rehab center in Orlando Florida, which unlike traditional addiction treatment centers, we deliver substance abuse treatment center services that deal with the physical, mental, social, and spiritual component of drug and alcohol addiction treatment. Our alcohol and drug rehabilitation center has both inpatient drug rehab services and outpatient drug treatment in Orlando Florida.
If you or a loved one are in need of drug or alcohol addiction rehab treatment center in Orlando Florida, GET HELP NOW!! Contact us at 1-888-796-8040.